After some research on Cisco sites, and some help from Experts-Exchange I was able to get the initial config of the router done. I added the DHCP part as well on the router so it would pass out my IP addresses for me as I still do not have a server to do the job.
Adjustments I needed to make:
- The document gives both methods for connecting up to AT&T (chap and pap), a little research I found pap to be the correct choice.
- Adjust the DHCP server setup to import all DNS information from AT&T’s dynamic allocation
- I had to find out the correct information for the PVC settings for AT&T.
- Setup some access lists for my particular needs
- Setup an IP route to the default gateway of AT&T
- Installed Cisco SDM on the router so it could be managed via a GUI interface if needed.
After getting the router online things started to work out great. All the DSL issues I have been having with the 2Wire just went away. So, on to the next stage.
Links to PDF document used for initial setup help.