Linux Systems Administrator
- Linux and Windows Administration
- Information Security
- Network Strategy, Design, & Configuration
- Troubleshooting & Problem Solving
- Antivirus, & Anti-spam Solutions
- Technical Documentation & Communication
- Client Relations & End-User Support
|Platforms:||Red Hat Enterprise Server 7, Nexpose, Sophos UTM Firewall, Cisco ASA 5500 Series Firewalls, Cisco Catalyst Switches, Cisco Routers, Lumension, Websense/Forcepoint, Microsoft Windows Server, OSX Server, Microsoft Exchange, IIS, Symantec Backup Exec, Barracuda Web Filter|
|Languages:||C++, Objective C, Swift, Python, HTML, CSS, BASH|
Computershare, Highlands Ranch, CO
06/04/2012 – Present
Systems Administrator II
Responsible for the maintenance, operation and planning of the enterprise technical systems including, but not limited to, network servers, data storage services, network operating systems, enterprise imaging, email systems, as well as data access security. Aid in troubleshooting escalated issues related to system failures and problems.
Administer and configure the following: All Red Hat Enterprise Servers in North America, Active Directory and Group Policy administration, data encryption with Lumension, Websense administration.
- Setup, secured and maintained North American Red Hat Enterprise Environment.
- Upgraded all the Catalyst 4507R-E Switches in the building to the latest IOS, and configured the new Catalyst switches that were replacing the original equipment. The hardware was then swapped out after hours and boxed up and shipped back to Cisco.
- Setup and configured the Lumension server to control access to USB and CD/DVD devices. Setup various security groups to force encryption on any USB and CD/DVD device.
- Migrated the Microsoft LCS Server to OCS 2007 R2
- Led the team that successfully migrated the Websense environment from Highlands Ranch to Canton.
- Led the team that successfully migrated the SCCM environment from Highlands Ranch to Canton.
CORESTAFF Services, Houston, TX
12/26/2011 – 03/23/2012
Infrastructure Support Engineer
Reported directly to the Infrastructure Team Leader in the United Kingdom, while providing telephone and remote access support for all of United States branch offices in regards to Infrastructure support with Citrix, network printing, and connectivity issues. Liaison between the US Helpdesk and the UK Infrastructure Support Team and provide help desk escalation support as needed. Provide server support for over 1000+ physical and virtual servers in the Houston, TX and Luton, UK datacenters. Provide support and Windows 2003, 2008, VMWare 5, Citrix PS 4.5 and XenApp 5 environment. Provide support for ThinPrint devices for remote printing via Citrix. Supported the Exchange 2003 environment and provided mailbox maintenance support on an as needed basis.
- Provide support to the IT Service Desk, acting as a point of functional escalation for infrastructure incidents, requests and queries, ensuring all requests are successfully resolved within the agreed time frames and in a customer centric and cost-effective way.
- Took responsibility for proactive maintenance activities, ensuring that the infrastructure remained in an updated and optimal state throughout its life cycle and that key operational task are completed on time and to quality expectations.
- When necessary assisted the IT Service Desk in general queue management, ensuring that ticket volumes remain within the agreed SLA’s.
- Performed operational support activities as required such as, active directory maintenance, network administration, WSUS patch management, virus updates using Symantec and Sophos, scheduled backups with Backup Exec, server and client software maintenance, and print services.
- Maintained, developed and enhanced knowledge articles covering system documentation, procedural guidelines and best practice recommendations.
- Assisted in the successful identification of the root cause of thin-print issues with remote users via Citrix.
Al’s Formal Wear, Houston, TX
6/2007 – 12/2011
Reported directly to Vice President of MIS, set up, configure, monitor, secure, and maintain corporate network, systems, and applications to ensure maximum up-time and user productivity. Troubleshoot and quickly resolve network performance issues, including replacement of memory, hard drives, and network cards. Install software programs, upgrades, patches, and entire operating systems. Install and configure new servers and other network devices. Monitor and maintain corporate mail server (Exchange 2003). Answer phone calls and provide technical support to more than 200 local and remote users across organizational levels. Enter bridal customer leads into bridal database.
- Set up and configured VMWare 5 ESXi Server and migrated a number of physical servers into the virtual environment. Utilized vCenter Server Appliance running on SUSE Linux to manage the VM Environment. Installed needed OS’s in VM’s for both SCO and Windows operating systems.
- Established Group Policy on Windows 2003 Servers for corporate network, with distinct groups for executives, managers, company employees, and store employees.
- Set up and configured company WSUS server to automatically download Microsoft updates and distribute them across network.
- Excel at protecting network integrity and security through timely and thorough data backups and installation / maintenance of Symantec End-Point Protection anti-virus software, Barracuda spam and virus firewall, and Barracuda Web Filter.
- Greatly increased employee productivity by reduced need to delete spam emails and providing a secure Web environment for Internet research.
- Enabled success of key product line and revenue source, Al’s Bridal Database, with support for client database and Advertising Department’s MAC server.
- Upgraded Citrix Servers to XenApp 5.0 and migrated company to Windows 2008, greatly increasing network speed and access for more than 100 stores nationwide.
- Upgraded network backup solution from EMC Retrospect to Symantec Backup Exec.
- Produced detailed documentation / step-by-step instructions to educate users and other team members on common technical support procedures.
- Setup company Blackberry server and configured 50 Blackberry curve smart phones.
- Took initiative to come to work on a Sunday to completely rewire and organize server room patch panel, color coding patch cables for servers, print servers, and workstations. Documented IP address and patch panels, and redesigned Active Directory to be more organized, providing each department with its own OU group.
Door Pro Systems, Houston, TX
2003 – 2007
Reported to company President as the sole IT resource on staff, set up and maintained company network and all Windows, Exchange, and SQL servers. Performed software installations and configurations, hardware / software troubleshooting, and network backups. Interfaced daily with all levels of employees to respond to inquiries, explain technical issues, and correct performance issues.
- Joined company with responsibility for transforming network laden with various performance issues. Successfully re-built top-performing network from ground-up.
- Greatly improved speed and performance of all systems by upgrading server hardware, migrating Exchange server to its own server, and upgrading all desktop computers to Dell systems running Windows XP.
- Deployed Abacca spam filter box to block spam messages and managed company upgrade to Symantec antivirus system.
- Developed and managed company Web presence.
Pennsylvania State University
A.S. in Information Sciences and Technology
Security and Risk Analysis Certification Program
Deans List – Fall 2012, Spring 2015
University of Phoenix
2/2011 – 12/2011
|Certifications:||Undergraduate Certificate in Security and Risk Analysis, Cisco CCENT, Undergraduate Certificate in Information Sciences and Technology,
Certificate in Network Engineering Management.